Saturday, January 15, 2005

My Lil Corporate Chronicles

1. I GUESS I STILL HAVE A JOB. woo hoo?
2. This week at the job sucked. See e-mail below. I have to many dudes above me.
3. Add that to the fact that I had to go to FBKS on Thursday and it was -35 F. below zero. EQUALS HEAVY SUCKAGE

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- From: The COO (BOSS.1) to G- Daddy Saturday, January 15, 2005 11:39 AM For what it is worth, I was not part of this. My opinion and concerns are no different than what we talked about months ago. This company has some decision making and delegation problems. (da really?) In addition it was not right for them to send this letter out without out your comment. You are the one in charge of drafting, and were most involved in the negotiations.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- From: G-Daddy to the COO Friday, January 14, 2005 6:03 PM OK I’ve had a moment to relax. Now I’m ready to vent a bit. Not sure if you(BOSS.1) and BOSS .4 were part of this discussion at the principal level but it doesn’t appear to be. In addition, the statement, "soften the letter's tone" really is inaccurate. Knowing H, I doubt if he’ll sign this.

1. Originally I had written for PDC to pay for H’s internet connection, the soften letter requires “You are expected to obtain, maintain and pay for a high-speed internet connection for communication between your equipment and PDC’s.” It only cost 50 bucks a month??

2. Originally I wrote that H was to be 75-80 billable – soften version “It is expected work will be performed on directly billable projects only. No overhead time should be expended unless your supervisor specifically authorizes overhead work.”

3. The original statement was, “This Work at Home status arrangement has a six month trial period. At the end of six months the status will either be; extended on an annual basis, or terminated.” Again the much softer version, “There is no set term for this arrangement. Your status may be changed at any time” Perhaps I’m missing something but this isn’t any softer at all.

What really cheeses me is that for almost two months I’ve communicated that PDC would pay for the internet service and we should shoot for starting this on the 15th. Not once has anybody said nope that isn’t a good idea. Then on the 14th I get back my edited letter that requires H to fork over 50 bucks a month for MTA DSL: 512kb up/512kb down. You know, I used to hate specs, then I hated contracts, now I really really hate being middle management. I’m thinking that Scotch is in my immediate near future. Have a good party

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- From: BOSS .3 to G-Daddy CC: BOSS .2 and BOSS.5 Friday, January 14, 2005 11:33 AM Subject: H - Work At Home Sorry, I forgot the attachment again. BOSS.2. called in and we discussed this arrangement. He has spoken with BP&K. There are no ADA issues. We are free to make any arrangements we wish along these lines. He suggested I soften the letter's tone somewhat, so I did that. Here it is. (Attachement Yada yada) HR, please print this one on letterhead so I can sign it before I leave at noon today. Thanks everyone. Regards,

No comments: