Friday, October 7, 2005

USVI

No internet at Eric and Sara Jane’s so I’ll date when these are written not when they are posted.
Stardate Saturday: 10082005 ha ha what a geek (I crack myself up)
Well folks I can safely say the VI is pretty much still United States, but different. Must also say being from Alaska the weather is awesome, bummer didn’t get the snow tires mounted before I left. Sara and Eric rent a nice three bedroom place on the hills above town. The joint is high enough to get the “trades” they blow though the house and keep the place pretty comfortable. From their place you have a great view of the harbor; tour ship dock, all of the sailboats and the airport. I love a view with motion. Just add rum and your in the Caribbean. They swear it was miserable in Sept but I have yet to see any days w/o wind. Honestly, I’m not the beach/snorkel person and hanging at the house with the fragrant breeze is nuff fo me. I actually read a book here!… hell it has been a awhile for that one. Really there is no reason to head downtown if your up on the hill, the breeze is way better than at a sunny beach (tan is one thing I don’t need). So, I’ve had a little bit of time to think also, but honestly I have gotten to any conclusion with respect to what I’m doing next. I’m a little tempted to look around the island for engineering work but that is a long shot, not a lot of need for heating system designers. I found five engineering firms in the phone book and my stomach started to cringe. I’m not going back, no ain’t no turning back. I just don’t think this a place I could work a regular job. There is really only one industry here, Tourism. Well I did paint Segundo a post card. I hope to get a feel for the local ppl next.
TTFN from the VI

No comments: