Wednesday, August 24, 2005

My Lil Corporate Chronicles

The end of this career is near....WoooHooo

Here is news.
Folks after almost twenty years (15 at the firm) I’m tired of HVAC design. It is no longer fun and quite frankly I’m getting fairly grouchy. Almost daily I suppress the urge to tell a client or two to “take a hike”. Yeah like that is really the language I’d use. I don’t have a plan, I don’t have a fortune stashed I just know it is time to leave before I kill myself. Anyway my last day at "the Firm" is Aug 31. I plan to have a party to celebrate sometime in September not sure when? But I’ll let everyone know.
Proceed fearlessly

It feels sooooo good. I can't believe I'm almost finished with the design career. It is so funny most of my friends get it. The remaining engineers (only 4) are deeply concerned. Charlie got me a job interview... my back promtly went out had to miss it. The body rejected the concept. Brad thinks I need a break and then perhaps oil industry work will suit me.....NOT. JP queried me about my plans and then conducted a verbal interrogation to determine my mental state...I pass as sane... ha, I still can pass it off. I'm sure my call to Fahad will be more of a JP type inquisition, but hey it takes a pencil geek to know one. The best quotes are as follows: Brooke, " you're not quiting your graduating" Jay," you quit first you win". I can't believe I agonized about the money I never got, it don't mean shit.

OK enquiring minds what to know what is the plan. Well I didn't want to make a list. I did it in secret (hell give me a break 25 years as an engineer, at leastI didn't graph it out or make it in MS Project with dates, deadlines, and milestones. In no particular order.
  • Visit Mom and Dad...silvers in Sept on the Kenai
  • Paint 30 water colors
  • Build house/Construction Co, w/Segondo
  • Rent rooms in duplex (450/month each?)
  • Go on a trip- JP in San Diego/SaraJane in St. Thomas/Vancouver
  • Party in September most likely in Soldotna @ Mom and Dads

No comments: